While we aim for perfection, the simple truth is that everyones skin is different and will react differently to the procedure of Semi-Permanent brows. Some skin will heal faster than others, some skin will retain the pigment longer, all skin is aging, some of us will be harder on our skin than others: swimming, tanning, and weather all have a negative effect on our skin. And, this is a big AND, nobody's eyebrows are exactly the same. Our goal is to make them match as closely as possible but nature does play a role in the contour of our brows.
What are the pre and post care procedures?
In order to achieve the best results, it is best to follow the pre and post care instructions.
Prior to your procedure, clients are advised of the following:
- Avoid alcohol and aspirin/ibuprofen and any vitamins that may thin your blood for 72 hours.
- Avoid tanning so we can assess your natural skin tone.
- No face scrubs or chemical peels at least two weeks prior.
- Feel free to come in with their brow makeup on so our technician can see your every day look you prefer. Reference pictures of shapes and colors of brows are always welcomed. We will then work together to create the perfect brows!
Post Care Procedures:
- For the first day every hour after the procedure wipe very gently with a cotton pad dipped in distilled water an then apply a dab of Bepanthen cream (a very thin layer) to the brow. From day 2 through day 10 dab a very thin layer of cream 4 or 5 times a day (do not use the distilled water after the first day). Never rush the healing process. Do not scrub, rub or pick at the epithelial crust that forms. Allow it to flake off by itself. If it is removed before it is ready the pigment underneath it can be pulled out.
- Do Not get the brows wet ( the exception is wiping with the distilled water the first day) during the healing process for 14 days.
- Do Not put anything (water, make-up, lotions etc.) but the distilled water and cream as describe above on the brows for 14 days or until healed.
- Do Not sweat for 14 days - this is a hard one, but body heat expands the pores. Sweat has salt and will prematurely fade, blur or cause the pigment not to take at all.
- Stay out of the sun for two weeks. Then be sure to use sunblock on the healed brow to prevent fading.
- Do Not use any Retin-A or Glycolic Acids in the brow area during or after healing.
- Do Not us a tanning bed for a month - preferably never!
- It is recommended that you apply Vaseline to treated areas prior to swimming even after healed to prevent the chlorine water/salt water from penetrating the area.
- Only touch the treated areas with squeaky-clean hands during the healing process.
- Try not to sleep on your face for the first 10 days.
Note: Eyebrows will appear darker and bolder due to the natural scabbing and healing for the first 10 days. We want you to be thrilled with the results for the months ahead, so follow instructions!
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE POST-CARE INSTRUCTIONS
MAY RESULT IN INFECTIONS, PIGMENT LOSS OR DISCOLORATION
We recommend yearly touch ups.
808 BROWS TOUCH-UP POLICY
We want to reiterate that all skin is different and it accepts dyes differently. Oily skin is especially difficult as it tends to "push" the color out and it will most likely need a touch-up within a month or so. To accomodate the needs of our clients, we are happy to offer: A free touch-up, if needed, within one to three months. This appointment is made on the availability of the 808 Brows schedule.
- Additional touch-ups, if needed, up to 6 months after the initial session will be $50 per session.
- Yearly touch-ups will be a the current price.